Towards an Information Operations Kill Chain, by Bruce Schneier
“The protesters are wearing neon yellow vests that all French drivers are supposed to have in their cars.
“A law that took effect in 2008 requires a ‘high-visibility upper-body garment’ to be within reach inside the passenger compartment in case the driver has to get out of the immobilized vehicle.” — The Yellow Vests: Who they are and why their tax protest is a big deal
- A Roman ring with “Pilato” on it found in Israel?
- OS/2 Warp: A tribute
- Maine Governor Moving to Florida for Lower Taxes. Nice for him that he can afford to move to Florida. It seems like the people who make the rules can usually avoid their consequences.
Haven’t read these next two, just linking for convenience:
“The Trump administration is considering narrowly defining gender as a biological, immutable condition determined by genitalia at birth…”
So Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, CNN, and probably the Bavarian Burgerbilders got together and kicked Alex Jones off the internet. That’s ironic in two ways. So Big Tech conspired to silence Jones – for peddling crazy conspiracy theories. But Jones wasn’t really a conspiracy theorist. Maybe he is now.
Irony aside, this is foolish. Now that Google and all of them have shown that they can kick someone offline, they’ll have to explain why they haven’t kicked X off line. X is an obnoxious idiot; X is a racist homophobe; X is literally Hitler. Why does X still have a weblog, email, phone service, paypall?
Someone a little more to the left is sure to ask.
In another brilliant operation by The Committee to Re-elect the President, the New York Times defends newest hire Sarah Jeong amid controversy over racist tweets.
- Legalizing abortion certainly implies a significant degree of depravity, but so does putting the question in the first place. By the time people are invited to vote whether or not to let women have their children killed in utero, a lot has already been lost.
- “How true membership in a body differs from inclusion in a collective may be seen in the structure of a family.”
- People say nobody’s supposed to talk about Tommy Robinson, but a lot of people are.
- Why is there no lead-homicide connection in Eastern Europe?
- Patriotic prayer candles?
- In this rather long music video, mean girls mock and humiliate some creepy little geek who comes on to them. That’s not going to end well.
…or something like that. I’m sure I heard that on NPR, or somewhere. Shocking.
If you can’t get enough from the news, here’s a headline generator:
PROPER NAME: Trump Comey Mueller Stormy Pompeo Clinton Obama McCabe Pelosi DOJ FBI ABC NBC CBS NPR BBC Zukerberg Putin Russia Cohen Florida Man
VERB PAST: redacted Googled investigated leaked named
VERB FUTURE: to leak to investigate to pardon to indict to appeal to prosecute to appoint to name to fire
NOUN: dossier report investigation appointment prosecution indictment
BOILERPLATE: says claims
SOURCE: report source insider memo dossier