- Legalizing abortion certainly implies a significant degree of depravity, but so does putting the question in the first place. By the time people are invited to vote whether or not to let women have their children killed in utero, a lot has already been lost.
- “How true membership in a body differs from inclusion in a collective may be seen in the structure of a family.”
- People say nobody’s supposed to talk about Tommy Robinson, but a lot of people are.
- Why is there no lead-homicide connection in Eastern Europe?
- Patriotic prayer candles?
- In this rather long music video, mean girls mock and humiliate some creepy little geek who comes on to them. That’s not going to end well.
What true thing can you not safely say, unless you say it anonymously?
Comments are off.
This video is vulgar, kind of stupid, and has significant philosophical limitations, but I still like it: Die Gedanken sind frei
Stabat Mater, by JERYCHO
Did Thulsa Doom lie to Conan, or did he tell him the truth?
UPDATE 9 February 2018: Zen Conan
The riddle of steel is like the sound of one hand clapping. Thulsa Doom learns it by direct experience. It’s the only thing Thulsa Doom will believe: it takes an Atlantean blade from an old king’s horde in the side of his neck to tell him.
Conan faces his own challenge. Having killed Thulsa Doom, does he take his place? No. He remains Coana. I don’t say he’s right, just that he’s Conan.
Not a review
We’d been out to dinner, and the pilot of Star Trek: Discovery was well in progress when I turned on the tv. I watched for a couple of minutes and thought, “eh, I’ve seen this one,” and surfed on by. No idea really what it’s about (the exec was hollering at the captain about the pressing need to attack the Klingons) but it seemed predictable and a bit tedious. That’s not fair, of course, since I didn’t actually watch the show. I’ve enjoyed the recent Star Trek movies that I’ve seen, but maybe the franchise has passed me by. I’m sure they’ve got a target demographic, and equally sure it doesn’t include me.
Then how about a little music instead:
Not a tale told by an idiot, but a tale told of idiots:
“…an idiot plot is ‘a plot which is kept in motion solely by virtue of the fact that everybody involved is an idiot’ and where the story would otherwise be over if this were not the case.” — seen at Idiot Plot