Now what will they do about President Obama’s executive order on immigration?
The Republicans won’t do anything about it, because they’re in favor of it. Oh, they’ll say they oppose it, and they’ll try to gain political advantage out of criticizing it. But really they think it’s just great. They get what they want, they get to blame Obama for it, and they get to run against it in two years. And as a bonus, doing it by executive order establishes a precedent.
The Great Heathen Army was lead by Ivar the Boneless. The brothers of Ivar the Boneless were Björn Ironside, Halfdan Ragnarsson, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye, and Ubba.
It is said that Ubba’s real name was Bjärlngnütn Bronzebeak, but everyone just called him Ubba.
From the thirteenth century, when people thought the world was flat; especially obscurantist church people: Orbis factor rex aeterne, eleison.
What’s “orbis” mean, I wonder?
Of course this is fiction. Real-life space exploration isn’t like that.
It’s blisteringly stupid for the mayor of Fort Lauderdale (Jack Seiler, Democrat, and now National Idiot) to claim it’s illegal to feed people without government permission, and then to arrest people for doing so. I’ll offer anyone a sandwich, or maybe half a sandwich, anytime I want to.
A man could do worse if the only thing he ever did in his life was get sent to jail for feeding the homeless.
I don’t agree with everything at the site (do we need this discalimer? At this point I don’t agree with everything here,) but this is a striking thought:
“I’d like to consider a neglected angle. Let’s begin by distinguishing between a personal Antichrist and a literary Antichrist. Every since the Enlightenment, there have been reconstructions of the “real Jesus.” Reimarus, Strauss, and Renan are three earlier examples.” — For many will come in my name
Maybe it’s like putting an adjective in front of “theology” creates an instant heresy.
Here are several that I haven’t managed to read yet:
- medieval matters – Stephen Read interviewd by Richard Marshall – something about medieval logic
- St. Peter’s Basilica Renamed ‘Tiber Creek Community Church’? pretty sure this is a joke
- Racial dysphoria – more humor, right?
- Rescuing Aristotle – it sounds like he was a pretty smart guy after all.
- Debating moral relativists – for the links
- The Entitled Illegal Alien – stuffy old people and their rules!
- Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ – “From the Handbook of Christian Apologetics by Peter Kreeft and Fr. Ronald Tacelli, SJ (Intervarsity Press, 1994)” – Peter Kreeft, a Jesuit priest, and Intervarsity? What’s up with that?
- Wait, Adam and Zoe? Who’s Zoe?
- Usury FAQ, or, money on the Pill – I’d really rather not think about this.
- Zmirak on Usury – It sounds the rules have never really changed, just the, um, practical application of the rules. Yeah, maybe that’s it.
- The Devil’s Bargain – there’s a picture of a flying car, and something about UNIX
- On the 4 Sins that Cry to Heaven for Vengeance – thought that list was deprecated…